The Bristol Sessions occurred in
1927 when the Victor Talking Machine Company brought a field unit to Bristol, Tennessee/Virginia, to record
musicians from the region. Victor held the sessions on the second and third floors of
the Taylor-Christian Hat Company building at 408 State Street on the Tennessee side
of Bristol's main thoroughfare, which also serves as the Tennessee-Virginia border.
Director Ralph Peer and the Victor engineers recorded fiddle tunes, sacred song. . .
Find out more