University of Virginia School of Law, 1950
This photograph from 1950 shows the all-male faculty members of the University of Virginia School of Law, along with one woman—Frances Farmer, the law librarian. Seated in the front row, from left to right, are Hardy C. Dillard, who would become the fourth dean of the School of Law (1963–1968); Leslie H. Buckler; William H. White Jr.; F. D. G. Ribble, then serving as the third dean of the School of Law (1939–1963); Thomas M. Boyd; Oscar Underwood Jr.; and Charles O. Gregory. In the top row, from left to right, are Donnelly (first name unknown); Kenneth R. Redden; Blanton (first name unknown); Frances Farmer; Emerson Spies; Laurens H. Rhinelander; Charles K. Woltz; and Wright (first name unknown).
Citation: UVa prints and photographs file, Accession #RG-30/1/10.011, Prints14237. Special Collections, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.