Tuckahoe Plantation House
This is a virtual tour of Tuckahoe, the Randolph family plantation house in Goochland County. Built between 1730 and 1740, Tuckahoe is considered one of the finest examples of early eighteenth-century plantation houses in America and is a National Historic Landmark. William Randolph and Maria Judith Page Randolph, the owners of the house, died in 1745 leaving three orphaned children in the care of Thomas Jefferson's parents, Peter Jefferson and Jane Randolph Jefferson. The Jefferson family moved to Tuckahoe for seven years to care for the children. Thomas Jefferson, his siblings, and his cousins were educated in a one-room schoolhouse on the estate.