Christ Church, Middlesex County
This twentieth-century photograph shows historic Christ Church and its adjoining graveyard in Middlesex County. The original Anglican congregation constructed a church of wood in 1666. About 1714 the building was replaced by this rectangular brick structure. During the American Revolution the congregation disbanded and the building fell into ruin. The building was restored about 1840 as an Episcopal church and remains in use.