Administration Building. State Normal and Industrial School for Women.
A postcard probably from the 1910s depicts stylishly dressed young women in hats walking in front of the Administration Building on the campus of the State Normal and Industrial School for Women in Fredericksburg. Designed by the Richmond architect Charles M. Robinson and constructed in 1911, this was one of the school's first two buildings. The building's name was later changed to Russell Hall and then Monroe Hall. The school, initially established for women only, became coeducational in 1969 and was renamed the University of Mary Washington in 2004.