The Brafferton at the College of William and Mary
A photograph taken in 2008 depicts the Brafferton, a 1723 brick building that is part of the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg. It is believed that Henry Cary supervised construction of the building, which is in the "neat and plain" architectural style popular in late colonial Virginia. The Brafferton was originally intended to house a school for American Indians at the college. The Indian school closed in December 1779; since then the building has been used variously for classrooms, a dining hall, a professor's residence, and for offices.