Mosby's Dagger with Leather Sheath
Confederate colonel John Mosby's folding dagger features a steel blade that is nearly a foot long. The dagger's grip is covered with bone and its steel cross guard is stamped with a federal eagle. The cavalry officer kept his weapon in this roughly constructed leather sheath. Mosby eventually gave the weapon to Dr. Aristides Monteiro, a surgeon under his command, and in 1932, Monteiro's daughter donated the dagger and sheath to the Museum of the Confederacy.